The Basic Booch Kombucha Kit
Raw Brewing Co. - Kombucha.com Kombucha Kit - The Basic Booch
No gimmicky add-ons here, Booches -- just the best value kombucha kit!The Basic Booch includes:
- 8 oz. Certified Organic Gaia Scoby: Gaia is the strongest, healthiest blended kombucha culture we've created. We feed our cultures 3 times over 60-90 days to create starter liquid that's second to none -- often as little as 3 oz. can start a 1-gallon batch. Whether you’re feeding her organic sugar, honey, or another sugar source, Gaia LOVES to eat. She finishes fast, stays healthy, and produces an amazing, balanced brew. Gaia performs well across a large temperature range.
- 8 oz. Certified Organic Mixed Tea Blend: Raw Brewing Co. teas brew consistently better scobys for one simple reason: our blends provide superior nutrition. This means healthier growth, richer color, better flavor, and awesome aroma. We carefully select organic teas from family farms in Asia, Africa & South America, import them directly, then blend and package them in-house. Brewing with our system is 90% cheaper than store-bought kombucha and significantly better for the environment.
- 100 pH Strips (Range 0-7): Pros know the secret to making consistent, brewery quality booch is checking pH. Just dip a strip for 1-2 seconds and compare the strip to the color chart. Most professional brewers start at 4 and finish at 3.
- 100 XL Drawstring Filter Bags: High quality tea bags mean a perfect steep, no particulates floating out of the bag, and super easy cleanup. Made from unbleached paper, our teabags are odor free, mess free, and extremely easy to use.
- 1 Adhesive Thermometer Strip: Kombucha likes between 74-84 degrees (the closer to 84, the faster it will finish). Easily monitor your brew's temperature with our adhesive thermometer strip.
Brewing with our system makes it exceptionally easy to make your own kombucha at home.
Act 1: Brew tea for kombucha
Put desired amount of tea into disposable kombucha.com Drawstring Filter Bags (tea balls and muslin bags not recommended for this blend). PRO TIP: tea will expand in water, so only fill your tea bags up about half way, otherwise bags may burst.
Add your sugar and filtered water to a pot, heat to a rolling boil, then add filled tea bags. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool to room temperature. Remove tea bags. PRO TIP: Need to cool your brew more quickly? Use only 1/4 to 1/3 of the total water to boil, allow tea to steep, then add the remainder at chilled or room temperature.
Add your cooled brew to your scoby and starter liquid. Cover with a piece of cloth (or kombucha.com Fer-Mesh) and an elastic band, then place in a well-ventilated area between 72-80 degrees. Do not place in direct sunlight.
Act 2: Ferment Your Booch
Allow your brew to ferment for 5-10 days (warmer >temperatures take less time), or until your brew reaches desired flavor.
Optional: flavor with kombucha.com Brew Booster or your favorite booch fixins, and bottle for secondary fermentation. Enjoy your creation!
Act 3: Boost your brew with Brew Booster
before you begin
For kombucha and other living beverages, reserve your scoby
and/or any starter liquid needed for your next batch, before adding
Brew Booster. Use during first (primary) fermentation notrecommended.
Put desired amount of BrewBooster into muslin bag or tea ball and add to your brew (drawstring paper filter bags not recommended). Muslin bag or tea ball is not required, but you’ll likely want to strain later
Put your brew in the refrigerator and allow to steep for 4-72 hours, or longer (the longer it steeps, the stronger the flavor). Optional : for kombucha and other living beverages, leave at room temperature for higher levels of carbonation.
Remove the bag, tea ball, or strain your brew. For kombucha and other living beverages, bottle for secondary fermentation and carbonation if desired. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy your brew!
Super premium, potent deliciousness inside. Begin with the
suggested starting usage – you can always add more 😉
Did lots of searching and this was the best kit for the pricing. Their RAW University information was phenomenal! I learned so much more from reading this then watching a dozen youtube videos. It made me feel confident enough to pull the trigger and purchase my first SCOBY. It showed up quickly and its already brewing! I will definitely be purchasing from them again in the future!