Shameless plug: With the best free educational resources (Raw-U), the most robust free brewing tools, and the most outstanding organic scobys, kombucha kits, tea blends, flavoring blends & more, we can help you reach your brewing goals. So check out our products — that’s an order, Booch! 😉 #rawbrewingco #ilikeitraw
What can you do with your leftover pellicles? See below to find out!
- Scoby Puree: It can be added to pretty much any food. Simply grind in blender with a few ounces of kombucha to an applesauce consistency.
- Face mask: Use a whole scoby or puree in a blender with extra benefits by adding other ingredients... ex. coffee, honey, green tea, yogurt, coconut oil, and oatmeal. The low ph of kombucha and the beneficial bacteria are a natural astringent that can remove dead skin cells and makes your face feel softer.
- Beauty products: The scoby can be used in natural beauty products, such as facial masks, toners, and exfoliants, to nourish and protect the skin.
- Fertilizer for plants in the garden: Blend up or cut chunks of pellicle and add in the soil of your plants, great for acidic Ph plants such as tomatoes and roses -- and great to add a probiotic boost to your soil.
- Dog treats: Want a better coat and immune system for your furry friends? Cut up into pieces and dehydrate for free pet snacks. You can add extra flavorings to the creations as well.
- Popsicles: Blend puree scoby with other fruits and vegetables for amazing popsicles.
- Scoby "Leather": Drying out pellices and crafting them into everyday uses. ex. wallets, shoes, and clothing.
- Scoby Jerky: Cut pellicle into slices and add your favorite seasonings dehydrate and enjoy.
- Scoby bandage: Use as a live bandage or cut a small piece and stick under your band aid for rapid relief and healing scars. Yes, it really does work amazingly well -- and for bug bites as well!
- Soothing skin cream: Blend your scobys with coconut oil to help with itchiness and dry skin. ex sunburns, psoriasis and eczema.
- Fun activity for children: Scobys can be a learning and sensory toy for children, it's natural and safe to eat.
- Feed the coop: Chickens and other farm birds love scoby chunks, some reports have stated that they produce larger healthier eggs.
- Fruit Leather/ Scoby roll-up: Puree a couple scobys up with your favorite fruits and dehydrate for an amazing sweet treat
- Traditional Medicine: The SCOBY can be used in traditional medicine, to treat various ailments and conditions, such as digestive disorders, infections, and wounds.